Situated in the Northumberland Hills of Ontario, Canada, is the homestead of the Wiersma family and a gathering place for learning and sharing sustainable building techniques, organic farming, healing therapies and evolving community.
1. A sustainable building resource: With over 35 years experience as a private contractor, Henry Wiersma is now pioneering Compressed Earth Block technology in Canada. Compressed Earth Blocks are an innovative, structurally sound, and environmentally-friendly building material.
2. An ecological farming resource: Fifth Wind offers access for the local community to fresh, local, and ecologically-grown produce through our CSA. We also have organic herbal salves and creams crafted using our herbs
3. An energy therapy resource: Joanna Wiersma is a certified and practicing therapist with expertise in helping individuals through their emotional, physical and spiritual issues using the body's bio-energy systems.
4. An education resource: Fifth Wind offers a range of learning opportunities, including school visits, group workshops, as well as WWOOFing (Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms) placements.
5. A celebration venue: Fifth Wind is available to host weddings and other celebrations, with large tent and kitchen facilities on site.
We hope this site www.fifthwind.ca will help you get to know Fifth Wind and what happens here a little bit better.
News flash...Pure Joy Herbal Creations...Joy and Joanna won FIRST in the creams and lotions section at the International Herbal Symposium.