Fifth Wind, above all, is a resource. Situated in the Northumberland Hills of Ontario, Fifth Wind is a resource for the local community and - thanks now to FifthWind.ca - a potential resource for many far and wide.
1. A sustainable building resource: With over 25 years experience as a private contractor, Henry Wiersma is now pioneering EarthBlock technology in Canada. EarthBlocks are an innovative, structurally sound, and environmentally-friendly building material.
2. An ecological farming resource: Fifth Wind offers access for the local community to fresh, local, and ecologically-grown produce through our CSA.
3. An energy therapy resource: Joanna Wiersma has expertise in helping individuals through their emotional, spiritual and physical afflictions using the body's bio-energy systems.
4. A learning resource: Fifth Wind offers a range of learning opportunities, including school visits, group workshops, as well as WWOOFing (Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms) placements.
5. A celebration venue: Fifth Wind hosts weddings and other celebrations with a large tent and kitchen facilities on site.
We hope this site will help you get to know Fifth Wind and what happens here a little bit better.
|Standing on the top of our hill and gazing over the fields to the lake is simply irresistible.|
|Perched on top of a hill, our fire pit, surrounded by 2 ton rocks, is a gathering place on a summer evening...a place to enjoy music, drumming and the occasional corn roast.|
|Our tipi frame silhouetted in the fall skies.|
|An evening view of the hills and the fiery sky.|
|The blue sliver of lake over the gray November hills.|
|The sunsets at Fifth Wind are often breathtaking...every colour from the artist's palate.|